Salt Lake City’s First Time Homebuyer Program
Many people struggle to buy their first home. Salt Lake City’s First Time Home Buyer Program can help. The employees of the Salt Lake CAP Housing Program can help walk you through the process of buying your first home.
Some program highlights are:
- The buyer must provide $500.00 towards closing costs
- The estimated monthly payments range between $770.00 and $952.00 and are often lower than a comparable rental.
- Household income my not exceed 80 percent of median ($56,000 for a family of four).
- Available homes have between two bedrooms/two bath and four bedrooms/two baths.
- The City provides the financing using a 30 year, fixed rate mortgage at three percent interest.
- Bankruptcies must have been discharged for at least two years.
- We don’t have a minimum credit score requirement.
- If the buyer needs to move during the affordability period, the city will buy the house back.
Call Salt Lake CAP Housing Programs at
or for more general information you can submit a question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include a way for us to reach you.